Sooke Harbour Players Society is a non-profit theatre company located in Sooke, BC. It was founded in 1982 as “Stage West Players”, and changed its name to “Sooke Harbour Players Society” in 2010.
Over the past 30 years, Sooke Harbour Players has entertained the people of Sooke and the surrounding communities with first-rate musical theatrical productions such as Fiddler on the Roof, The Sound of Music, My Fair Lady, and Jesus Christ Superstar.
In recent years, Sooke Harbour Players Society has expanded its repertoire to include comic dinner theatre and productions featuring young actors. Sooke Harbour Players is proud to be recognized as a community partner, creating original, engaging, and diverse entertainment for people of all ages. The Society has a long history of partnering with community and regional businesses and organizations in order to create a healthy community and economy.
The purposes of the Society are:
- To provide and to promote a source of appreciation and enjoyment of amateur theatrical arts for Society members and for the general public.
- To provide an avenue of education in stage and theatrical techniques to members of the Society.
Board Members – as of December 2017
- President – Andrew Donnelly
- Vice-President – Andy Haden
- Secretary – Jayna Forgie
- Treasurer – Frankie O’Donovan
- Director at Large – Sally Brenton-Haden
- Director at Large – Jennifer Woodward Brown
- Director at Large – Elsa Ergovan
- Director at Large – James Glasgow
- Director at Large – Dee O’Connor
- Junior Director at Large – Kiarra Balzer
- Junior Director at Large – Corwin Nemeth